2019. március 8., péntek

Disney Store 2018 Classic Moana doll review

"Here right now, here right now, this is what we're living for"

from the musicak Ghost by Bruce Joel Rubin and Dave Stewart and Glen Ballard, song is also called Here right now

It's been a while. Today I'll do a review of the 2018 Moana classic doll I got for Christmas. Here is the first glimpse I had at her:
She still comes with her oar like her earlier dolls but the doll's box can't be turned into a boat anymore.
Her box has her name with plain letters and with fancy letter, like it was in the movie - actually it's the movie title, which happens to be her name. This is like the princess doll boxes from 2017 but I bought her in 2018. The other dolls I purchased together with her have different boxes.
The box has some 3D pictures of the movie characters. There are also a lot of warnings but I cut those out of the picture since they were quite blurry.
The left side
And the right side
I think those were all promo pictures for the movie. As you can see the box is quite detailed and Moana has a nice ocean background.
Deboxing her wasn't that hard. She has a very accurate face in my opinion.
From the left side she looks almost angry to me.
From the right she looks happy and ready for adventure.
She has a lot of hair, it's really wavy, almost curly. The texture is nice and soft, but I think it's best to leave it alone.
I guess that's what could be called a lions mane. She has really beautiful hair. It's dark, almost black, but if you look carefully it's very dark brown, not black.
As you can see her body is different from the usual princess body, she is sturdier. I'm really happy that they decided to make this new body for her. And not even her hands are borrowed from the prince dolls. each one of her fingers stands by itself while the prince dolls have all their fingers moulded together except for the thumb. She has big flat feet and can stand quite stable without any support. She's been on my shelf for a few months and she hasn't fallen down yet. This new sturdier built also means she can't really put on Barbie clothes - although I haven't tried curvy clothes since I don't own any. I'm comparing her to Pocahontas so you can see the differences.
I don't really know why, but I really like this hand touching picture. As if they recognise that they found a new friend in each other.
Moanas feet are huge. Or Pocahontas' are tiny.
She has much thicker limbs. Also from this angle she looks a bit like the Hasbro Moana doll.
Her clothes are nice and detailed and movie accurate.
Her skirt opens at her right hip with velcro but becareful, the two sides and the layers of her skirt are - not sewn together, but attached to each other at one point with thread. The pattern on her skirt goes all around. As far as I know her top used to be made of more layers, too but now it's just printed, although it still looks nice. It closes with velcro at the back and two elastic straps help it stay on her.
Her necklace has a lot of details and is held in place witl elastics. I didn't cut them, since I sort of regretted doing it for Aurora, Auroras necklace is now dancing around just as it wants.
Her oar is also very nice and detailed, there are lot's of molded details to make it look like real wood.
It isn't completely straight, which makes it even more realistic. The patterns are just on one side though.
It also has a handle so she can hold it better but unfortunately it doesn't stay there.
It's a nice accessory though and it's great for playing.
A last full body picture of beautiful Moana. She's a really nice and unique Disney doll, I'm very happy I decided to add her to my collection. Maybe not the best for kids because of her hair and because she can't be redressed in Barbie clothes but it's a great doll nevertheless.
Although I don't have any other Moana dolls in my collection she got a name of course, she is Laconia after a mute wood elf from Smurfs.
Laconia up on the shelf
I have more dolls to review and of course the stories to continue but I'm not sure I'll have the time as this is my last semester at university and I'll be quite busy for a while. I'll try and post something little in the meantime, though.


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése