2017. augusztus 16., szerda

Hasbro Little Kingdom - Mulan review

"Wenn ich dein Spiegel wär
Dann würdest du dich in mir sehn
Dann fiel's dir nicht so schwer
Was ich nicht sage, zu verstehn"

Literally: If I were your mirror/ You would see yourself in me/ then it wouldn't be so hard/ to understand what I don't say aloud
from the musical Elisabeth by Lévay and Kunze, song: Wenn ich dein Spiegel wär (literally: If I were your mirror)

Finding Mulan was a lucky chance. First I didn't even want to check on the Little Kingdom figures when I was at the store since I had done so a few days earlier and there was nothing new. Then I decided  to have just a quick look. And I saw that they got some new stuff and of course I had to check it. At first glance it was only Ariel and Rapunzel.
Mulaaaaaaan!
But at the very back, the only Mulan they had was hiding. I was lucky to spot her and I took her without hesitation. Mulan is a very rare gal and she is one of my very favourite princesses. I know, I say that every time but it is true! Mulan is a family favourite as well, she is my mothers and my sisters favourite as well. There is another set with Mushu and Mulan called Mulans Teaparty, Mulan has a different hairstyle in that other set and of course different clothes. I would have loved to own that one but I'm just as happy with this Mulan. So, let's free her, it's really easy.

She comes with a fan , a flower crown snap in and a single flower snap in, which looks like the flower on the comb that was put into her hair. I hope I can make her hold her fan. She, like Merida, doesn't come with the little catalog showing the available sets.
The front has, as usual, some artwork, a very cute version of Mulan in  her green and yellow everyday outfit she wears at the beginning of the movie.
At the backside, there is the usual explanation of snap ins and mix and match and of course a photo of Mulan.
She is easy to debox just like the other Little Kigdom Princesses.

Mulan has her hair like when she goes to the matchmaker, only her bun is at the very top of her head. Hasbro choose to give her brown eyes which suit her very well in my opinion. Her outfit looks more like a dress with a mermaid style skirt than the matchmaker gown. It has pink as the main color, but her belt and the top part of her skirt are golden and her sleeves are teal.
I don't remember Mulan having an outfit with this colorcombination but overall she looks nice in these colors. There are some nice moulded details on her dress.
The fan has Mushu on it and, quite unusal for an accessory that can be hold in the hand, it has a peg so it can be fastened either to the skirt or the head.
She can hold it beautifully.
It even works with both hands if the arms are moved a little.
A closer look at the flower in her hair.
Also, look at the moulded details in her hair and Mushus head on her fan
Mulan is by far the worst stander of the group, she is supported by a little paper stand I made  for my mini dolls. I guess Elsa will need some support too, she has a dress with a similar shape. She tends to fall back, so it is hard to get a picture of her backside.
I managed but it is not one of the best ones. Teal top and teal shoes are visible. Although she can't balace while standing, she is really great at sitting.
Once the golden part is removed she can sit beautifully and noone misses that golden belt. The skirt is super hard to get off. Here are her teal slippers again.
Maybe borrowed from Anna?
Under her pink top she has a teal bodysuit.
She thinks the golden part could pass as a helmet.
I'm so happy I could snag her she is a really pretty and rare addition to my collection.
The little Miss is called Kim :)
I won't do a mix and match photoshoot this time, I'll do one big separate mix and match photoshoot once all the princesses I currently own are deboxed and reviewed.





2 megjegyzés:

  1. Nice review 😊💖 I Love Mulan too!! I really want to get her but she is super hard to find so I'll have to keep looking! 😉😅

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Thank you! Yes, I was super lucky to find her. I can keep an eye out for you, if you'd like to. I'm sitting in Europe, thought, so it might be a bit more expensive then if you could get her yourself. I've even seen pictures of a third version of Mulan that's going to be released.

      Törlés