2017. szeptember 30., szombat

Review of a foundling


"I will be free/And home again... "
 Frank Wildhorn: The Scarlet Pimpernel - concept album, song: Home again
The Foundling
So this little horse came to us at the end of summer, my mother found it somewhere on the street. I think it's a girl or, to be correct, a mare. I washed her when she was brought into the house but there is a mark on her back I could not get rid of. On the photos it looks like dirt but when looking closely at the real horse figure it is clear thet it is a rub mark - no way to remove it. It's no big deal, after all. :)
She is all black except for her forehead. The bridle is golden and the leather part is brown and it has even moulded stitches on it.
Her mane has lots of individual sculpted strands and there are even some veins visible - they wanted to make her extremely realistic, I think.
As she is a 'foundling' I do not know much about her, except what she has on her belly: Schleich, 2003 Germany and Made in China. She even has sculpted and painted shoes and of course  the already mentioned details about her origin.
Her belly and her shoes :)

She has a general walking horse pose. I think real horses were used as reference to sculpt the muscles.
She can stand very well but those lying photos turned out better then the ones that show her standing.

I suppose she originally had a knight who rode on her or something like that. The saddle itself has some golden details as well.
Details on the saddle

She is beautifully sculpted and has lots of details on her. I'm happy that instead of beeing homeless, she found her way to me.
Funnily enough, she is just the right size for my mini girls or at least they think so. I let that pass. :)

Becky looks really big on her
She doesn't have a name yet, maybe you have an idea? :)

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése