2018. június 23., szombat

It"s party time - part 2

"Szívből üdvözlök itt minden testvért"

from Dance of the Vampires by Jim Steinman & Michael Kunze, Krolock welcomes his guests to his ball

So we thought Dolly would love to hear what the party was like. But who was to tell and what to tell? Everybody had something personal to share. And we agreed she'd be happiest if everybody told her own story about the ball. But so many guest would be a bit to much, especially when everybody is excited to tell about what happened and and talks at the same time.  So we decided that we all post about it and she can read everything. The boys weren't interested in writing so it's just the ladies, but each and every girl will write a post about the ball. As for the order, we threw some pieces of paper with numbers on them in a bag and everybody drew one. We thought we may need them again so we kept them. And all of us listed the party, evening activity that she thinks perfect. We are gathering ideas. ;)
 This little intro will be posted before everybodys post about the ball, so feel free to skip it if you've already read it and know what's going on. We wrote this one together, all of us who are going to tell about the dance.
2. Daphne Belle - a grill-party in the garden with friends.
Take it with a pinch of salt - there is a portion of sarcasm in it here and there. ;) A good example that we are not exactly like our movie counterparts. :)
The ball was great fun but so was planning and organizing it. The idea came from Dolly and she couldn't come, poor girl. You'd think we are or at least are modelled after princesses and special people and can dance like we can sing. Yes, singing is as natural to us as walking. As none of us could dance, we were given a dancing lesson and Valancy just brought the news that Dolly won’t come just before it was to start. This of course had to be discussed quite loud. Judging by the look on his face, Vester heard that, too. He wasn’t too enthusiastic to start with and getting such “great” news didn’t do anything to improve it.
I think he planned to ask Dolly to help demonstrate how it is done. It is sure a joy to teach a hoard of girls elegant moves. He managed pretty well alone but didn't smile although we girls weren't... ehm, very good at dancing. It must have been a funny sight. Kuei-Lan almost automatically reached for my arm whenever I was about to fall, at the same time she kept looking at her neighbours, Susanne and Valancy. Sue could walk well enough by now but this was a real challenge for her feet. Well, if dolls with feet from the start have difficulties, what do you expect from a mermaid?
Well, kind of, her feet were tied together by that fin imitating piece so no wonder she needed help. I wondered how Kuei-Lan managed to look out for both her and me. Well she herself kept tripping over her skirt, just like I did (And mine is shorter than hers) I felt as graceful as a seasick camel walking around. Our dance teacher was patient nevertheless and didn't let his annoyance show. Neither when he was teaching, nor at the ball. He took a turn with each one of us. Must have been fun, judging by the amount of footprints on his boots. No wonder poor Prince Charming was still quite unhappy. He wanted his princess :)(Dolly:What is that supposed to mean, Daphne!?)  
Aurenna and Valancy did pretty well, they learned the steps quickly and had a natural talent for dancing. They both dance as a princess should. (I have to admit, I regretted a bit that I turned down his offer to teach me a few weeks ago - but our goal was to force him to ask Dolly. It did not help but that's another story.) But he encouraged all of us with telling that we just needed a little practice. Well, with patience, even a parrot can be taught to speak and even a doll can be taught to dance. And if Vester is anything, he's patient. 
He turned us all into decent dancers until it was time for the last preparations. (He spent the whole morning and a decent portion of the afternoon with us) The dancefloor was made up of beautiful blue pieces of carpet. We borrowed the big table from the Minis to use as a bench, so those who wanted to rest and Sorghoktani had a place to sit down. It had to be placed out of the way but still so that the doctor could watch us. I thought she could at least have fun seeing our funny movements. But it worked out better than I thought, at least for me.
The music adds so much to it, it's easier to do the steps correctly. The unfortunate thing was that I knew absolutely nothing about my parter, Charles,  as he was deboxed just a day before the party. I had no idea what to say. So it was mostly polite conversation about the weather and such. I told him that there is a nice garden with lots of trees and other interesting things to explore.
'Well, uhm, unfortunately, I'm uhm... not really good at climbing trees.'
Great, Daphne, I told myself, just the thing for him.
'But we can do anything we like' I said, hoping to save the situation.
He forced a smile.
'I beg your pardon, Mademoiselle.'
It took me a while to realise why he was behaving so odd but after a while it became clear to me that he probably hurt himself somehow and had considerable pain in one of his arms. He reluctantly admitted it but didn't want to ruin the ball. So I pretended to be tired and whispered to him that he should go to the girl sitting on the other side of the dancefloor. He didn't really understand why I wanted that but he obeyed.  I watched the others and took part in some of the girl group dances while he was gone. When he came back later on, he seemed much happier.
Margaret, unknowingly, created another spectacle. She only dared to dance with Vester since she knew that she simply couldn't move without stepping on her partners feet. But that wasn't a problem for Vester. Somehow he always knew, when she was about to step on his feet and kept them beautifully out of her way. Now, that was a sight. Well, he's an expert.
I'm worried a bit, thought, brother or not brother, she seems to like him a bit too much. A broken heart is just what she needs now, missing her big sister and all. I wonder if I could take the role of a big sister?
Later I saw her sitting in a dark corner by herself and she didn't look too happy. I wanted to go and sit with her after my turn with partner was over but by that time Vester took care of her and danced another round with her. And she was so much better, with a cheerful smile on her face.
So it was actually a happy evening for everybody. We were all exhaustedI'm looking forward to the next one.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése