2019. július 22., hétfő

Disney Store 2018 Classic Cinderella doll review

"One shining chance to be
all I can and more"

from Rudolf - Affaire Mayerling by Jack Murphy and Frank Wildhorn; song: Measure of a man

Cinderella is one of the final batch of dolls to complete my classic doll collection. She is a 2018 Cinderella doll - she came out in 2018, that year the girls came with an extra ring for the owner to wear and those rings somewhat match the princess they come along with.
First look at Cinderella when she arrived:


Let's have a look at her box. Both sides are decorated with images from the movie.
 The left side has her name, a picture of the fairy godmother turning the pumpkin into the carridge with Cinderella watching and a picture of Cinderella that is not colored and only has the outlines.
The right side has a bigger colored picture of Cinderella with redesigned hairstyle and a smaller one showing  Prince Charming and Cinderella dancing.
The back of the box has a colored picture of Cinderella holding her friend Gus, a drawing of her glass slipper that is just outlines and another drawing of Cinderella that is like the drawing of the glass slipper and the drawing on the left side of the box - just outlines.
The front is plain and has Princess Cinderella written on it with plain letters that are easy to read even for kids. Now that we are done looking at her box, let's debox her and get a good look at her.
She has a quite nice although in my opinion a bit generic face and there weren't any big changes during recent years. She has pink lips, the color that only looks good on dolls, on real people it looks mostly horrible in my opinion. They could try a differnt a little darker and mor natural tone for her, I think. Her lightblue eyes match her accessories and dress perfectly. She wears silver eyeshadow, but not too much
She has blonde hair, a little less golden than my Auroras hair. She has her hair in an updo that is made wit the help of a ponytail, I think, since she has one clear rubberband in her hair. The updo part is quite soft, but her bangs are hard because of the amount of hairproduct in it.
She has her headband and small lightblue earrings and also comes with her choker that is a piece of ribbon wit the two ends sewn together. The headband is tied to her head with two of those plastic little T shaped thingies.
Her dress is mostly lightblue with white part like the poofy little sleeves that have rubberbands sewn into them. The dress is all one piece and closes with velcro at the back. She also comes with long white gloves. In the animated movie the dress seems to be a silvery color in some shots
(for example when she gets her dress) and lightblue  in others (for example when she enters the castle)
The parts that are white on the dolls dress aren't white, but an even lighter blue tone. I think the lightblue and white colorcombination is fine for the doll, I prefer it over the darker royal blue skirt she sometimes has. She wears, like all the princesses that came out in 2018 a two-layer skirt. The lower layer is lightblue and made of a quite thin fabric, it wouldn't work by itself as a skirt, it would look really cheap. These kind of skirt remind me of the year when most girls had a big tullskirt, in 2011, I think.I'm not fond of this construction but I think it works for Cinderella and on Tiana it actually looks quite good. I don't like it on Snow White though and I prefer my Auroras skirt the way it is (she came a year earlier so her skirt is just one thicker layer)

The upper layer is mostly transparent with glitterpatterns on it. If you look at the pictures from the movie, her dress seems to be sparkly so glitter is fine in my opinion.
She wears flats which I think is a pity since that shoe plays such an important role in her story and she clearly wears elegant heels. The flats are secured with clear rubberbands that I left on her feet. Losing her slipper is fine in the story but I prefer for her to keep both of them.
At least those flats look like glass, you can clearly see her feet through the shoes so that's nice. I guess Disney gives the princeses flats so little girls want to wear flats and don't want to wear heels since heels are in the long run quite unhealthy for the feet. But that's just a guess. I think some princess dolls look better with heels, like Cinderella or Elena or Elsa, some look better with flat feet, like Pocahontas, Jasmine, Mulan or Moana.
She has the usual articulation, she has joints at her neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists and hips plus the klick knees I dislike and don't consider as real articulation.
From the back, you can see some little imperfections, like the hole under the velcro closure where the tie from around her waist was. It is also visible that her headband has a rubberband part for easy removing and putting back on. (But those plastic ties  that tie the headband to her head and are very hard to remove make this somewhat useless.)
My doll has a generous amount of blush but that changes from doll to doll and some shiny stuff on her face, maybe hariproduct.
I completely forgot the plastic ring she brings. It's lightblue with a clear, a little silverish square gem on it, Cinderellas signature colors. The lightblue part is also decorated with small white stars. I guess children like these kind of things, I don't really know what to do with it and would have preferred tha figure of her mouse friend Gus. I got  the suggestion that those rings might work as shokers for the dolls but I didn't sudcceed in putting them on the girls, the plastic is stiff and the gems are quite big. So Cinderellas ring ended up in my Made-to-Move Barbie's hair.
I still need to figure out where I can put the rest of the rings.
Overall Cinderella is quite a nice doll but nothing stands out for me on her, neither in a positive, nor in a negative way. Maybe it's because she isn't one of my favourite princesses. I'm still really happy to own her. Let's close this little review with a fullbody picture of Cinderella.
Ready to go to the ball

 Oh and before I forget her given name is Julianna. I just looked at her face and she looked like Julianna to me. I'll try to post more often now that I've finished my exams. We still have Little Kingdom Fashion Change Cinderella and the other classic dolls, Snow White, Tiana and Merida to look at!

EDIT: I Added a photo and a little info about the ring she brings.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése