2017. április 14., péntek

Camp Gowonagain 2016 - A story by Chris

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell"
Belle from Beauty and the Beast

This is a little tale from before the blog started but we thought we should share it.

Camp Gowonagain is an event that any doll can take part in and have fun, organized by MyLittleMegara every year. A link to the second camp (2016) first day.
(Note by Meritre: Yes the picture I'm usindg as a header right now was taken at the camp)
Remember we went camping during that hot summer week? A year later, we went again. And we can’t wait to go again this year!
The Camp started on Monday, August 1, 2016 and ended on FridayAugust 5, 2016
 So, last summer, Meritre almost missed the information that the Camp is going to take place. A last minute adventure, so to say. Well, people go on last minute holidays and we go on last minute camps.
’Can we take the others as well?’ the four of us asked in a choir, meaning the Frozen minis. Well, we only thought about Philippa and Hazel to be precise.
’Sure, they can go as well!’
But she didn’t want to take them out of the box yet. We did our best to let them take part in our adventures. We had to carry the box to the camp ourselves. It wasn’t easy.‘I can’t reach it’ Annis complained.
‘Bella, would you mind helping us?’
‘I’m helping, I just use my head instead of my hands, it’s so much easier this way!’
It took a while but we finally arrived at our camping spot. We were all quite tired so we just threw the box on the ground and sat or lay down to enjoy the sun. The Frozen friends were not really happy about it, the journey was hard enough for them, we shacked them so much while transporting them that Hazel became sick and landing wasn’t that pleasant either. They hoped for some nice days, when they could see at least some new things, even if they are still in their box and it was horrible so far. We didn’t think about that, we were sure they were having a great time, being carried and all. We were not the only ones who were tired; a little insect thought that the box is an excellent place to rest.

This year we went to see new things all together, since all four of us were needed to carry the others. Most of the time, we helped them to move but sometimes it was just the other way around. With their help we could reach a sunny spot on something that looked to us a bench made of wood.
I’m not sure what it actually was. Maybe Meritre knows, I’ll have to ask her. Sometimes it was really hot and we didn’t know where to hide from the sun. Until we had the idea to use the box as a sunshade.

Annis got a stick and we set up a perfect place to rest, all four of us hade room and it was there, wherever we went. It was really comfortable, at least for us. The poor dolls in the box couldn’t feel worse, stuck in a box, it was a bakingly hot day and no hope of change. We on the other hand had a great time, we even saw some other dolls camping in the garden and climbing trees and just hanging out. On one of the campdays we planned to have a big party, with lots of food and music provided by Nature itself. This year we came prepared, cups and plates and all. The only thing we forgot was a table. What should we do?
‘There is a lot to do so I suggest we split up the work. I’ll do the cooking.’ Annis said, sensible as always.
‘I’ll help you and make the desserts’ Rosemary said.
‘Chris, you are so good with handcrafts, could you get us a table?’
I nodded.
‘I’ll try.’
‘And what is left for me?’
‘You can set the table once Chris is done.’
‘Let’s get to work!’
Where to get a table? There is not enough time to go and look for materials and afterwards make the table as well. And I’m not that good with carpentering. My eyes slided to our Frozen Friends once more. Philippa made an ‘I know what is coming’ face. And yes, they ended up as our table.
‘Could you help us out just this time, please? You’ll be looking up to the sky, it’ll be fun.’
They were not enthusiastic but in the end they agreed to help once more. Arabella started to put out the plates and some ice cream and chocolate and other sweet treats to eat while preparing for the party.
‘Thank you so so much!’
Philippa just looked at her sister.
‘I want to get out of the box’ Hazel replied in a small unhappy voice.
‘I’ll see what I can do and talk to Meritre.’
But Phil shook her head.
‘We already tried that. But she won’t let us out before all the princesses are in her collection.’ she sighed.
‘I’ll try anyway. Now I’ll go and see what the others are doing. I can’t let Rosie burn the pancakes.’
‘It sure smells heavenly now but who knows what she’ll do.’ she smiled.

Annis was busy cooking a stew and a soup and Rosemary was patiently waiting for her turn at the herd, she had already mixed the batter.
Bella was almost done with the table.
She was sorry for the girls in the box so she gave them some chocolate through a tiny split.
We enjoyedthe last day of the camp very much but the packing wasn’t fun at all. And after we were done with that we looked at the Frozen box.
‘Not again!’ Arabella had had already enough.
‘Well, they helped us so much during our trip, it’s only fair we carry them back.’
Philippe showed us an impish grin.
‘Yes please, we would like to go back.’ she said.
‘Next year, you’ll hopefully walk on your own!’
‘I hope so, too.’ the queen said, still smiling.
Arabella sighted.
‘I’m sorry I didn’t mean to be rude, it’s just so hot and even if there is four of us, you are four dolls in the box as well and it’s quite heavy.’
‘That’s okay. You can complain as much as you want as long as we get back to our spot.’ said Hazel.
'We wanted adventure. And we got it.'
And so we went home after another memorable camp. I wonder if there will be a camp this year as well?

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése