2017. április 3., hétfő

Sharing the magic of music - The Count of Monte Cristo - Fordul a kocka

First there are two musicals called The Count of Monte Cristo I know, one is by Frank Wildhorn and the other is by the man singing this particular song, Szomor György. The song takes place when Edmund Dantés gets to know that his fiancé married another man whom he thought to be his friend but it turned out that man was the one responsible for Edmund beeing imprisoned. At the end of the song he is already the Count of Monte Cristo. We see at the very end of the Musical, how he actually escaped and became rich.
Fun fact about the singer: He provided the singing voice of Garreth in The Magic Sword - Quest for Camelot in the hungarian version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKuhk4Z8awk

A kocka fordul - literally: the cube turns, it actually means that things change for the better (or worse)

I tear out my heart,
all its wounds and pains.
I must tear it out, thus killing its power

Her hair, her face, her eyes,
her taste, her smell, her name.
The part of my existence I thought to be the better one

All her kisses ache,
it'll go away it must, it really must go away!
All the words those lips said are lies

What kept me alive, 
gave me hope,
now blows death on me

There is no forgiveness
that belongs to God
I won't forgive 
and won't ask for it.

Let murdering death be my companion
and my soul may goes to hell
either way it won't find peace

I'll become an hurrican, 
a raging wind, a wild storm
that covers the sky, the earth 
the moon and the sun.

Another face will hide me
For me this existence is a fight,
either you kill or you'll be killed!

Things are changing
the clock starts to work,
on the dark side of my soul
stands this shadow hunted by my fate!
World, you'll get to know...

Things have changed
there is no way back
Edmund Dantes  has already died
And instead, you, World, gave birth 
to the Angel of Revenge!

My flame still flickers,
how long it'll last, how long will it burn?
A big secret 
that Heaven doesn't share with me of course

But from now on, I'll be a big fire,
I won't last long 
but untill then I'll burn EVERYTHING!

Things have changed
there is no way back 
on the dark side of my soul
stands this shadow hunted by my fate!
World, you'll get to know...

Things have changed
new cards are handed out
Edmund Dantes is no more
And instead, you, world, gave birth
 to the Angel of revenge, to the Count of Monte Cristo

World, let me introduce 
the Count of Monte Cristo

The hungarian text, if someone is interested:

Fordul a kocka

Szívemnek kitépem hát
Minden sebét, fájdalmát.
Ki kell tépnem őt, megölve hatalmát.


Haját, arcát, két szemét,
Ízét, illatát, nevét,
Létem jobbnak hitt felét.


Minden csókja egyre fáj,
Majd elmúlik, mert kell, muszáj.
Minden szó hazug, mit kimondott e száj.

 

Mi engem eddig éltetett,
Belém reményt ültetett,
Az most rám halált lehelt.

 

Nincs bocsánat,
Az maradjon Istené,
Én nem adok már,
Nem is kérek már többé.

 

Hát legyen társam a gyilkos halál,
És lelkem tán a pokolra száll.
Békét úgysem talál!

 

Orkán leszek,
Tomboló szél, nagy vihar,
Mi eget, földet,
Holdat, Napot eltakar!

 

Elrejt majd egy másik arc,
Értem már, e lét egy harc:
Vagy te ölsz, vagy belehalsz!

 

A kocka fordult,
Az óra indult.
A lelkem sötét oldalán
Ott áll e sorsom űzte árny.
Ismerd meg, világ!


A kocka fordult,
Vissza már nincs út.
Edmond Dantes meghalt már,
Helyette megszülted, világ,
A bosszú angyalát!


Még pislog lángom.
Meddig bírja, meddig ég?
Egy nagy titok,
Mit persze nem bíz rám az ég.

 

De mostantól nagy tűz leszek,
Így sokáig nem élhetek,
De addig mindent elégetek!

 

A kocka fordult,
Vissza már nincs út!
A lelkem sötét oldalán
Ott áll e sorsom űzte árny.
Ismerd meg, világ!

 

Fordult a kocka,
Új lap lett osztva.
Edmond Dantes nincsen már,
Helyette megszülted, világ,
A bosszú angyalát:
Monte Cristo grófját!


Ismerd meg, világ,
Monte Cristo grófját! 

source: http://www.zeneszoveg.hu/dalszoveg/88902/szomor-gyorgy/fordult-a-kocka-zeneszoveg.html 

I'm not sure about the tenses, Things are changing is always formulated a bit different so the next line rhymes with it.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése