2017. december 14., csütörtök

Frozen girls made for the new short, Olaf's Frozen Adventure - part 1 - fighting

"Wenn ich tanzen will, dann tanz ich so, wie es mir gefällt"
Literally: If I want to dance, I do it the way I want to do it
From the musical Elisabeth by Lévay & Kunze, song: Wenn ich tanzen will, it's sung by Elisabeth and Death

If I want to debox you, Anna and Elsa, I will definitely do so.
This post is going to be a bit random, since the deboxing did not go as quick as I planned. So you get a partly deboxed doll review first, there will be a part two later, maybe even a part three. Yes there is definitely going to be a part three.
A friend of mine and I had the idea to split a set of Olafs Frozen Adventure Dollset. She'll get Elsa and I'll keep Anna. Elsa is part of her Christmas gift from me. :)
Those dolls have new facemolds and I'm not sure I like them. The older ones are nicer in my opinion but I kind of understand what they were aiming for when those molds were made. The more I looked at Annas crazy little face the more I liked her. Not to mention her outfit. These dolls have an amazing amount of details on their outfits. They cost a little more than two average classic dolls or the Coronation twopack but I think they are worth it. I ordered them, along with some other stuff, ehm, dolls.When they arrived and I saw them in real I knew I did the right thing.
My order arrived!
A few days ago I started to debox them. I'm not good at it and these two were extremely hard for me and I'm not done yet. Plastic ties literally everywhere. Why on earth is it necessary to tie Elsas hand to her dress? Or her cape/train to Annas skirt? There were even completely random ones, with the only purpose to poke a hole into Annas dress. And those ties in their heads! I tried to free Anna today but I only managed to cut one of her headties. :( They last few classic sized dolls from the Disney Store did not have ties like these in their heads so I hoped Disney gave up this extremely irksome way of packing the dolls. Rant is over, I'm sorry, but this made me really sad and angry. :(
Now the positive things: Anna has beautifully styled hair that is quite soft, though the hair of my other Anna doll, Dolly, is even softer and nicer. Well, her bangs actually as she has her hair in a bun. But the new Anna has an updo as well although it was done in a completely different way, though Anna in the movie, or, to be precise, in the shorts, has the same hairstyle, her coronation hairstyle.
Let's have a look at the box.
It is similar to the boxes the classic dolls had this year: quite plain at the front, the names of the sisters with normal letters and the shorts title, Olaf's Frozen adventure like it appears in the short.
The bottom of the box and an interesting angle to look at Elsa and Anna, as well as part of Kikis cape and her hand
As you can see, the box is a bit crooked, the whole shipper box was, but luckily, except for some dents like these, my dolls were all right. As I'm a deboxer, this is not really an issue for me - as long as the dolls are all right. This time, I got away...
The box has some nice art on the sides, Olaf on the right and some cottages on the left side of the box.
Hi!
I expected to see Elsa and Anna on the side of the box, since this is what they did this year, the character the doll is made after is shown both on one side and on the back of the box. But it's Olaf's frozen adventure, after all. Not to mention it would have been hard to fit in both sisters. And we get to see them on the back of the box.
And not only them, but some other friends as well, Sven, Kristoff and Olaf himself are also there.
Now let's get back to the most important part, the dolls. There is a picture of every side of the box so we can't forget the top, can we?
We can get a glimpse of their hair and hair ornaments.
Kiki and Dolly are looking them over carefully.
Curious...
First Anna...
...and curiouser

...than Elsa. Dolly has this habit of sitting on the newcomers boxes but this time she refrained from doing it as the box was not stable enough.
She posed with them instead. Count yourself fortunate, you girls. :)
First, I have to get them out. But as I already mentioned, this is not an easy task.
first picture without any plastic stuff between the camera and the dolls
I got them out of the outter box, so it was only the dolls and the cardboard back they were attached to.
This did not look that bad. I remembered that my Snow Queen Elsa, Victoria, had plastic ties that kept her cape closed at the front so I looked for those ties and cut them. And I started to look for more. I found them everywhere.
This one is my "favourite".
It only poked a tiny holy right in the middle of one of the white circles on Annas skirt. Just because. But the red goat pattern is really adorable! And the moulded stitch imitations on Annas boots are also visible.
I had a hell of a time trying to cut the ties in Annas head. It mady me really angry and sad. In the end I used a scissor for nails, only that one was capable to get there and actually cut through that abominable tie. Poor Anna, she had a lot to go through before she was finally free!
By the way, I really liked how they were posed in the box, especially their hands.
It's really sisterly in my opinion!
Next time, I'll continue with the Anna review!

4 megjegyzés:

  1. Hello, this is Harleen :) I love how detailed your photos are, and can't wait until you review the Merida and Pocahontas classic dolls! I am more tempted to get the OFA set by the day. Will anxiously await the next part of your review.

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Hi!
      Thank you!
      Pocahontas is actually next to be reviewed after this sisterpack. :)
      Maybe this review will convince me as well :)

      Törlés
  2. You have so many detailed pictures, which is awesome.:) I HATE those plastic ties. Evil awful little things. They are annoying and cause trouble and I have no idea why Disney and seemingly every other doll company uses them. Ugh.

    I agree; their pose in the box is awfully cute. I like it a lot.:)

    Anna and Elsa both look so cute. I am on to reading part 2 now:)

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Thank you, I love to observe the little details and perhaps help people notice little things they might not see.
      They are adorable!

      Törlés