2017. december 16., szombat

Frozen girls made for the new short, Olaf's Frozen Adventure - part 2 - Anna and her clothes

"Wenn ich tanzen will, dann tanz ich so, wie es mir gefällt"

Literally: If I want to dance, I do it the way I want to do it
From the musical Elisabeth by Lévay & Kunze, song: Wenn ich tanzen will, it's sung by Elisabeth and Death

So I left off with the ties and not telling you why I took one of Annas boots off. Of course to compare it with her other boots. This could be done easily while I put Anna and her headtie aside.
Almost free! I'm almost there, Anna sings
I thought that both pairs of winterboots were based on the same mould. I was wrong. There are more differences than I thought there would be.

The heels are completely different, the older one looks like it has a thicker bottom part.

The soles are not that much different but they choose a new spot for the Disney sign.
The new boot appears to be a bit pointier and has more molded details to make it look like it was sewn together using several pieces. I love those little details, it almost makes them like a Limited Set.
The painted details are pretty as well. The boots themselves are difficult to get on and off, at least for me, since Anna has this new flatfeet-klick knee combination.(Pocahontas has it as well but she runs around barefoot, clever girl)
I took one boot off for the compasion photo but when I managed to put it back on Anna, it was clearly visible which one I had taken off.
Off with the skirt
I didn't only take her boot, but all her clothes as well.
She waits wrapped in a piece of lightblue fabric while the dress is reviewed and the others try it on.
Such a lovely face!
The skirt is nice and wide, made of a material I can't name but it feels a bit leatherly. Her jacket, skirt and Elsas dress is made of the same material. It feels nice and just something they would wear during winter. I love the goat (I think it's a goat but I'm not sure) pattern and the little white circles (I like to think that they are snowballs :) ) that go around at the bottom part of the skirt.
Dolleating skirtplant
This is not the newest dolleating plant, this is the skirt, standing upside down. I thought it looked interesting.
This talented skirt can stand just normally as well.
The sash is very much like the one Kristoff has. Sadly, the short ends are not finished so it needs careful treatment. It's even more sad that I don't have Kristoff so I can't compare the sashes.
Annas top is all on piece, no separate jacket and top and the sash is sewn to it as well.
I tried to photograph the structure of it, I'm not sure if I succeeded. This piece closes on the backside with velcro, just like the skirt.
Fake fur ornament at the shoulders and at the neck
It has lots of details for example on the shoulder part,
Look at those little buttons
the sleeves, the sash itself, the front.
Under the jacket Anna has a very detailed  and nice top made of the same material Disneystore doll clothes are usually made of.
It is a darker blue and there is also a holiday brosh (I think) that adds the finishing touch to that outfit. We worked all out way up from the boots to the top, now it's the headpieces turn!
It's a bit bigger than in the animated short but I don't mind, since this way they were able to add more details. It is a beautiful piece with moulded and beautifully painted white and red details on the green base color. And for the first time they did the braid that runs across her head for a classic Anna doll. It's beautiful.
Yes, that's the tie I wasn't able to cut properly
The whole updo was done in a different way, they made a ponytail and tucked it in, if that makes sense. Something like Cinderellas hairstyle in the animated moviewhen she gets her ballgown from the Fairy Godmother.
She has this new facemold that took me a while to get used to. First I thought she just looks very silly. But I saw more and more pictures of her and now I think she's cute.
She has freckles, big blue eyes, pink lips and rosy cheeks. Annas recent dolls had greenish blue eyes but this doll has clear blue eyes with eyelashes both over and under her eyes. Now let's compare the two faces, Dolly is here and ready to help out.
The new Anna has a slightly bigger mouth, her smile is the mirror image of the older Annas smile, it is loopsided in the other direction, if that makes sense. The bangs are differnt and done better on the new doll in my opinion. Older Anna has slightly lighter haircolor while newer Anna has a lighter lipcolor. The profiles are very different as well.
They are both great representations of Anna in my opinion.
Anna was kind enough to lend Anna, aka Dolly, her outfit.
I think it looks great on her but as one of the sleeves is tigher thatn the other, I wasn't able to put it properly on her. :( I wonder how I'll put it back on Anna. But before that, Kiki borrowed the dress as well. Blue is Elsas color so I thought it would look good on her.
She had the same issue with the same sleeve. I'm not a good doll dresser, I had issues with the icedress as well. In return for lending her dress, new Anna got to try on Victoria's ice dress.
Here I stand
I think it looks good with her red hair, my family thinks it looks much better on Elsa.
I'm not sure how much switching I'll be doing with new Elsas dress, as I don't want to ruin her dress - she is a gift for a dear friend. It was actually her idea to try on Annas holiday outfit on Elsa.
When we're together
The third part will be about Elsa!

31. 12. 2017 Update: my sister managed to pull Annas hand through that sleeve and she won't take off that outfit anymore. :)


2 megjegyzés:

  1. EEEK CUTENESS OVERLOAD ^_^

    I think Disney did a GREAT job with Christmas special Anna's hair. It looks perfect.:) That's a shame the sleeve won't go on properly. Bad Disney.:/ There must be a seam or something sticking out, or a production error in the sewing. I very rarely change my ice skating Elsa's ice dress because it is really really hard to get those delicate long sleeves over her fingers again. In fact I did it once and then NEVER AGAIN. I was worried about her fingers poking holes in that fabric:P Frozen Fever Elsa's ice-dress is a lot easier to take on and off since it's sleeveless.

    Wow, Elsa looks REALLY CUTE in Christmas Anna's outfit! I still think Disney should give her a more casual outfit, and that proves it, lol. They could even have her make a more casual ice-dress...anyways. I am done.:)

    I love all your detailed pictures and I'm excited to see part 3.:)

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. I'll try it once more, covering up the fingers with a piece of fabric
      I don't think I'll do that again, either.
      Yes, Elsa looks great in that dress :)

      Törlés