2018. február 20., kedd

Hasbro Little Kingdom - Ariel review

"Gyere, most keresek szavakat, jeleket hogy értsd a szem mit lát"

literally: Come, now I'm looking for words and signs so you understand what the eyes see
from the musical version of The Jungle Book by Dés László, Geszti Péter, Békés Pál - song: Szavakat keresek, literally I'm looking for words

It's high time I do a review again, Dolly was quite busy here lately.
I got Ariel a looong time ago because there was only two of her and I was afraid of missing out on her. I haven't seen any Ariels since then although I checked only once since last July. Uhh was it really that long ago? Today I decided to finally take her out and do her review.
Ariel comes with some cute artwork on the front of the packing, showing her in her parks dress, combing her hair.
On the backside, there is a small photo of her and warnings and an explanation how the mix and match and the snap-ins work.
She is, like all the other Little Kingdom princesses I have, easy to debox.
Her background is an undersea picture with a happy Sebastian. I would have used Flounder since Sebastian is also incuded as a snap-in but Flounder, Ariels closest fishfriend is nowhere to be seen.
Ariel comes in her mermaid form but she can be turned into a human. She has the usual tie across her torso that has to be cut before sha can be removed from the packing. Sebastian has elastics securing him but all three, Ariel and the two snap-ins can be just popped out. Careful, they leave the packing with considerable speed when popped out and they can land anywhere. It is best to debox Ariel somewhere clear and quiet. She brings three snap-ins, one already fastened to her mermaidtail that serves as the long part of her skirt and two packed separately.
Fresh out of the box, with only one snap in
The snap in on her skirt is a little purple seehorse (upside down, the belt is in the way if it is turned around)
 The other two are Sebastian and a fork, uhm I wanted to say dinglehopper.
I decided that a dinglehopper is necessary for a stylish hairdo so it is from now on her headpiece. Sebastian can be fastened to her hair as well but he would blend in with the long red hair. It looks much better on the belt part of Ariels outfit the golden background compliments the red crab nicely. The belt looks like a mini skirt and has lots of moulded details, like pearls all around the vaist.
Some patterns turn up on her tail as well. Her bra is golden just like her belt and it reminds me of the ones her 17 inch limited edition doll and her latest limited edition doll from the Triton and Ariel set wears. It has some moulded details as well, it looks like Ariel used some seaweed to make the bra straps. She has deep blue eyes and a friendly smile. (Although Rapunzels smile is even broader)
Her mermaidtail is a nice teal color and she wears painted on slippers of the same color. So although her feet peep out of her skirt it blends in with her tail and looks like a part of it. It has some pretty moulded details on it, even on the backside.
Her long red locks are beautifully moulded, too. Her long hair  makes dressing her difficult though.
Like all girls I have with tigher skirts (Elsa, Mulan) she is unable to stand by herself.
I think it is largely the skirts fault. When I redressed her, she managed to stand but wasn't really stable, beeing top-heavy as she has (like Belle) a long mass of hair.
As Belles blue townoutfit is closest to an outfit Ariel wears in her movie (namely her own blue kingdom tour outfit) I borrowed it from Belle. While redressing her it turned out she has golden painted on underwear.
She looks lovely in Belles dress. But I almost broke her while I was trying to put her back into her mermaid outfit. The mermaid tail is extremely difficult to put back, at least for me.
I'm really happy I added this little mermaid to my collection, although I wouldn't give her to younger children, she is small and comes with even smaller parts and is easy to break.
I hope to have a complete princess line-up plus Elsa and Anna and the Little Kingdom Princesses have the most hope of becoming a complete set.
This little mermaids name is Beatrix but she is often called just Trixie. The next and last (at least for now) Little Kingdom princess will be Tiana! I'm excited since this is the very first and so far only representation of Tiana I own.


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése