2018. április 4., szerda

Hasbro Little Kingdom - Tiana review

"Nobody's on nobody's side
Better learn to go it alone"

from the musical Chess by Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus, song: Nobody's on nobody's side


So here it is the promised Tiana review, I just squuezed in a dollstory post in between so it's variated. (Ans also a bit chaotic maybe.:)
I got Tiana on the same trip I got Rapunzel and Ariel. I would have preferred the fashion change set with Tiana in her blue dress but I was just happy I found her at all. As I already mentioned earlier, she is the very first and so far only representation of Tiana I own.
She has the same packing as all the other little kingdom dollies I own: cardboard with clear plastic. íit is quite easy to open so I like that. Her artwork shows her in her most iconic outfit, the green lilypad dress but at the same time she has the frog Naveen in her hand which doesn't really make sense if you think of the movie.
But the 2017 Disney store doll, not to mention the 17 inch Limited Edition Tiana that was released in 2010, both wear the lillypad dress and hold a frog. The later is important because she came out much earlier than anything by Hasbro. So I assume the idea originally comes from Disney.
The backside has warnings in several languages and a picture of Tiana.
There are also some pictures explaining how the mix and match works.Ther is no little cathalog with all the sets released so far that came with Anna and Merida. Only those first two sets I bought had them and since than so many new sets, even new characters were released that it could be a bit misleading, so I think that's why it was removed.
Tiana is easy to free.
She comes with a complete outfit and three snap-ins, one is already attached to her skirt, the other two are packed separately. The one on her skirt is a simple flower, the other two are a green version of the firefly Ray (I thought it's a frog first) and a golden water lily.
I choose to put the later one in her hair but any snap-in can be put in any hole, technically. Sometimes it is difficult, though.
Both flowers reminden me of snap-ins I've seen earlier. The water lily is a bit like the flower Mulan brought with her.
Mulans on the left, Tias on the right
The flowercrown that looks a bit like it is made of flowers like Tianas other snap-in also came with Mulan.
I tried how it looks in Tias hair. Flowers look great in the hair as Rapunzel taught us :D Not lets leave the flovers and have a look at the dress. Tianas top is a vivid light green and it does not cover her whole chest.
It is moulded to look like it is made of leaves.
 The upper part of her skirt, the 'miniskirt' looks like it is made of big leaves just like her  outfit in the movie. It is a darker, slightly bluish green with one golden leaf.
The lower part has some nice patterns and details that remind me of skirts with huge hoops (like the ones Marie Antoinette and her court wore) and of a waitress outfit. Tianas whole outfit is green and golden. Her bodysuit is golden, too. Somehow this golden color goes much better with her then it went with Rapunzel. That's my opinion at least.  The botton part is a lighter color, somewhere between green and yellow. The backside of the skirt has moulded details as well, it looks like as if the skirt was layered.
I think that's a great way to add some extra details. Those light colors go well with her dark skin. She has a perfectly moulded bun.
I like how Hasbro does the bun moulds, I liked Annas bun just as much, and Tianas looks just as lovely.
It perhaps not the most movie accurate but I still like it a lot.
Her face is lovely, too. I like the curls that frame her face, they are perfect in my opinion. She has a sweet closed mouth smile that suits her well. 
Her background is the bayou which works well with this dress.
But the background looks nice by itself, too and there are some tiny pictures of both frog and human Tia in the top part of the picture.
Tianas golden painted on bodysuit allows her to borrow the golden part of Ariels outfit and look great. Her skirt is broader even at the top part of it, that's why Ariels golden belt isn't a perfect fit.
I also got a picture of her shadow and I thought it looked good so I'm sharing it.
Tiana is instantly recognisable (at least for me) from only the outlines so I think that shows they did a good job with her.
Tiana in all her glory
Her name is Madeleine in honour of a friend of mine. :)
I don't have any more Little Kingdom Princesses I can review but ther might be some other surprises I'll post a review about ;) 






2 megjegyzés:

  1. Lovely review so detailed! 🙂 I love how Ariel’s little skirt looked paired up with Tiana’s dress! 😍💚 That picture of Tia’s shadow is so beautiful, 😱 I t looks like she is singing and dancing at her new restaurant! 😉

    VálaszTörlés