2018. május 11., péntek

A splendid plan - Kiki tells a Dolly story

"I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering splendid"

from Disney's Aladdin

"A party?" Meritre was surprised.
"With dancing and decorations and music and all."
"But you are a dozen girls and there are only two guys, how did you think it will work?"
"They'll hand out numbers to the girls." said Daphne humorously.
Dolly looked away probably so she wouldn't laugh out loud. Looking away she looked as if she was uninterested but the party was her idea in the first place.
I was standing at my usual spot, a little further away, listening to this new idea.
"Why, there are three, if only you would let out Aladdin and Eric." she threw in.
"So Vester still doesn't count? But he's pretty much the only one in the group who can dance."
"Okay, let's say four. That's enough, isn't it?"
"Three girls for each one of them."
 "I won't dance so you need not count me." said Sorghoktani. " Besides, I don't have anything to wear."
"Oh, that doesn't matter, we're all going in our usual clothes." Valancy replied cheerfully.
"My leg wouldn't let me dance anyway."
"But we need our dolldoctor. What if someone twists an ankle while dancing?"
Sorghoktani smiled but said nothing.
"Hold on, I didn't say anything about agreeing to a big, noisy party, very likely messing up the whole house. Why do you want a ball anyway?"
"Because it would be something new and fun for us."
"It would be so wonderful to spend such a nice evening with everybody beeing there."
"And we won't make a mess and everything will be cleaned up." Daphne promised.
Meritre seemed to think it over. Dolly had to look away once more because Meritre made such a funny face. Then she smiled. I'm sure she thought that a party is a great opportunity for matchmaking. But Dolly can't stand if she's forced to something. Like those matchmaking schemes. I afraid I messed already too much and instead of helping, I made things worse. Maybe I should take my own advice and just... let it go?
"Well... if you can organise it, you can have your party next Saturday. You'll have all the bedrooms for yourself. And a computer or CD player or something, for music. You just go on and do whatever you want done. Let me know if you need any help."
And so we started planning and preparing. The exact place had to be chosen, seats had to be set up for those who were not dancing, the playlist had to be made and so much more. We were all very excited. We decided against decoration since it would only add to the mess and we had lots of other, more important things to attend to.
"You can't dance with that cape" Dolly told me.
"No. But I didn't plan to dance anyway."
"You should put on the new outfit that came recently."
"But of course, pink trousers are just the thing for a ball. Seriuosly, Dollly, no, I won't."
"Pah, I wasn't talking about that, you know that. Just wait till you see the dress." She danced out of the room to put on that pretty blue dress.
"Tadaaam, sis!"
I was holding the blouse and the trousers that came together with the dress.
"Very pretty, you should go to the dance wearing that."
"No, no, no, it's for you!"She looked at the clothes I was holding, almost like as if she was frozen. "You're not wearing those to the ball, are you?"
I laughed.
"No, of course not. I'm just bringing them to Hannah. She's to modell this outfit. Pink and purple are her colors."
She was looking as if she didn't really believe what I told her. I could see she was thinking hard, she was still holding up one arm like when she presented the dress. She told me everything she could think of to persuade me to take the dress.
I think I know someone who would agree with me that Dolly should wear that blue dress to the dance. ;)

Note by Dolly:
All my attempts to persuade Kiki to try any of the clothes on herself were in vain. She kept telling me that there were too many girls even without her. Well, she was actually right. And we were busy preparing and having fun. We all agreed that it was a good thing to take over ideas from other dolls we happen to meet in the great blogging world.


Note by Meritre: My dolls were busy reading the blog Likeness of life and as soon they saw that the dolls there had dances, they wanted to do the same. Because it was fun and interesting things happened during dances.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése