2018. május 2., szerda

Disney Store 2017 Classic Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty) doll review

"Gold hair with a gentle curl"

from the musical Wicked by Stephen Schwartz and Winnie Holzman, song: I'm not that girl

Aurora is, just lika Belle and Pocahontas, part of my Christmas gift to myself.
She has a simple box and a squirrel friend with her, like all classic princesse that were released in 2017.
The front has the character's name and the movietitle.
The right side of the box shows Aurora and Flora.
The left side has the other two fairies, flying around somwhere in Auroras castle.
A closer look at Fauna...
...and Merryweather.  She is probably about to change the color of Aurora's dress.
The back of the box has Auroras name and the movie's title once more and various warnings and of course the price.
The Aurora artwork takes up the most space. She looks like she is dancing in the woods as her squirrel friend is in the picture as well. She is wearing her pink princess dress and is the redesigned version of the princess just like in the picture with Flora. She is missing her signature curl in her bangs in the artwork but the doll has it.
She is not really difficult to debox, she had two ties in her head  but those were quite loose and not that difficult to cut.
Her crown is tied to her hair. I didn't cut those ties so her crown won't get lost. I cut the tie holding her necklace because I thought it limited her movement. But now I regret it a little.
She has the woods as a background, wich makes sense for the squirrel but not for the pink dress. The squirrel has an extra paper branch to sit on.
Aurora had the usual amount of ties and tissue paper under her skirt to make it poofier.
And to protect her legs from the glitter but this protection didn't really work. Her skirt didn't suffer as much as Belle's - it is quite long and her feet and shoes doesn't show much.
Aurora wears as usual her pink dress which is all one piece.
The skirt is dark pink with a little lighter pink panel in the middle and with a white sashlike part made of triangles around the waist. Her bodice is the same dark pink the greater part of the skirt has and the whole darkpink section is covered in glitter.
It sheds a little and there is quite a bit of it on her rubber legs. Her sleeves are light pink, much lighter than the front section of the skirt. The collar is white andthick and pointy.
The dress closes with Velcro at the back.
She has a sweet face and an open.mouth smile. Her lips are not actually red as a rose as it is stated in the movie but a dark pink that goes well with her dress.
She has flat feet and dark pink flats as footwear. I already mentioned in my earlier reviews that I don't like the flat feet-klick knees combination. I wonder if  for the 2018 classic dolls it will be changed again. It may be my clumsy deboxing method but most of my dolls have some loose joints.
Her hair is quite stiff and hard fresh out of the box and quite untidy from the backside. Also there is this tie around her waist that ensures I undress all my dolls before putting them on the shelf to join the others.
She is a lovely doll.
She comes with a friend, a sturdy little squirrelfigure.
It is secured with two ties.
Once it is out of the box, we can look at that adorable little face.
This little figure can stand on its own very well.
I also own a mini Aurora whom I call Vivienne, who is quite different from her.
Here is a picture to compare. Mini Auroras makeup is lighter than classic Auroras - lighter eyeshadow, lighter lipcolor and Classic Aurora has much more blush on her cheeks, Vivi has practically none. She is also looking straight forward, like some of the older Aurora Classic dolls.
Aurora also tried on some of the new stuff I got.
Blue suits her well. That blue dress is very popular among the girls.
I have a top that always looked like the top part of a pyjama to me and wearing it with the pink trousers I got recently only strenghtens this effect, at least for me.
And the squirrel is her teddybear. Sleeping Beauty goes to bed and to sleep.
My poor Calssic Aurora doesn't have a name yet so suggestions are very welcome. She's a dreamy princess with a beautiful singing voice.



Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése