2018. július 15., vasárnap

It"s party time - part 5

"Szívből üdvözlök itt minden testvért"

from Dance of the Vampires by Jim Steinman & Michael Kunze, Krolock welcomes his guests to his ball

So we thought Dolly would love to hear what was the party like. But who was to tell and what to tell? Everybody had something personal to share. And we agreed she'd be happiest if everybody told her own story about the ball. But so many guest would be a bit to much, especially when everybody is excited to tell about what happened and and talks at the same time.  So we decided that we all post about it and she can read everything. The boys weren't interested in writing so it's just the ladies, but each and every girl will write a post about the ball. As for the order, we threw some pieces of paper with numbers on them in a bag and everybody drew one. We thought we may need them again so we kept them. And all of us listed the party, evening activity that she thinks perfect. We are gathering ideas. ;)
 This little intro will be posted before everybodys post about the ball, so feel free to skip it if you've already read it and know what's going on. We wrote this one together, all of us who are going to tell about the dance.

5. Kuei-Lan Mulan - a quiet evening with reading aloud
I... don't really have much to tell. I choose my favorite songs for the playlist and made suggestions where the dancefloor and the seats should be located, like everybody else. I thought tht this simple hard piece of wood (actually a drawing board) would be perfect for dancing.
Hannah thought it did not look like a dancefloor should.
'It should match the beauty of the dances.' she said.
Then it was time for our dance lesson. It was mostly tripping over our own feet and catching each other. Valancy and Aurenna didn't need any catching, both girls are born dancers. So elegant and graceful... Watching their moves was dangerous, since then we didn't pay attention to our own moves and if one of us tripped, we all fell like dominos. It was a miracle the teacher managed to teach us how to do it. He made it look so easy.
He gave us two very sensible pieces of advice. One, practice helps to improve. Two, we should enjoy it, that's more important than doing everything perfectly. A party is for having fun. I have to keep that in mind.
I stayed close to Valancy, she's such a great dancer. She invented some solo dance moves while she was waiting for a partner and we were having a converstion.
I wish... I can't help but wish I could do it like her. You can't learn dancing gracefully from a book. (Although I did try) *sigh* But Eric Charles was really nice about my clumsiness. 
Oh I shouldn't be talking about myself! Let's see, what could be interesting for Dolly? Her sister Victoria looked so beautiful in that blue dress. 
Blue is really her color. 
Susannes red hair looked gorgeous with that dress, too. Maybe we could ask people who in their opinion looks best in that certain gown?
And I think we could improve our dancefloor if we put something hard under the blue rugs. Having two soft layers didn't exactly made things easier for us beginners, especially becaused  during practice, we just had one, the carpeted floor. The blue extra carpet looked nice for sure but I think it was a bit soft. 
Maybe a few decorations would be a nice addition, too. Hannah is so great at making them, maybe she can do something for the next party.
Talking of the next party, Valancy hopes to bring our missing princess and Vester together. I can't help feeling like this is no one of her best ideas. Maybe we should just... let happen what happens and she where those two get? Then again, I'm not a love expert, Valancy knows much more about such matters. Maybe they really need a little help. I don't know.
Oh, I keep wandering off. Back to the party. I got to dance with Charles again. 
I dont think this valtz dance thing is going to be my favourite. The partners are far to close to each other to be confortable. At least, I prefer to have my personal space. Maybe that is why it didn't work very well. 
It was nice and interesting to experience something new but I think I still prefer a reading-chatting evening. But only a few times a year, this could be something special. Well, the next one is just around the corner...




Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése