2017. március 12., vasárnap

Sharing the magic of music - Two Poplars

I just love music and musicals but there are lots of songs out there that are originally in hungarian so I try to translate them myself or find english translations for them so you can understand them as well.
Today I'll share a song that is originally a hungarian poem that was set to music. I translated it but only the literal meaning. Hope you still enjoy. :)
Original poem by Kányádi Sándor (Kányádi is his family name and Sándor is his given name - we use the names the other way around an I guess I'm not consequent with using both orders...)
Fun facts about the singer: He was privided John Smiths singing voice in the hungarian version of Pocahontas and played Cogsworth in the hungarian version of the musical Beauty and the Beast.
You can listen to the song here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0o_5hC9TDU



Two poplars

I wouldn’t exist either, if you wouldn’t exist
if you wouldn’t lean to me
You wouldn’t exist either, if I wouldn’t exist
if I wouldn’t lean to you

I’m dividing, you’re dividing
you are the salt in my bread
you are the smile on my moustache
I am the tears in your eyes

her blood is binding her, my blood is binding me
you are my lover and my sister
My blood is binding me, your blood is binding you
I’m your lover and your brother

You are my breeze who caresses me
You are my storm who tears me apart
I’m your wind who caresses you
I’m your storm who tears you apart

If I wouldn’t exist, you wouldn’t exist either
I wouldn’t exist either if you wouldn’t exist
Here we are, two beautiful poplars
We are hiding in each other’s shadow

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése