2018. március 18., vasárnap

Dr Bubo - the series 'The next one, please' and the opening song

This one is not actually about the magic of music.
I share this one because it's so funny :) I hope it cheers you up a little as well. It is the opening song of an old hungarian cartoon called 'The next one, please'. When I say it's old, I mean it, the first two seasons aired first during the ninety-seventies the third one a few years later. Each of the three seasons has 13 episodes.
I really enjoyed it as a child but there are lots of hints, problems adressed in this series that is more for grown-ups like alcoholism or enviromental pollution. I'd say it's for anybody who cares to watch it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwdH6bcYwd4

Here is an episode with english subs to give you an idea what this series is like :) I did not make the subtitles, I just found it on youtube, it was a school project, as the credits in the description of the video state.

Enjoy! :)
There are some names and wordplays that are really hard to translate. Some examples:
Csőrmester: the name of the falcon sergeant is a combination of the words beak (csőr) and sergeant (őrmester)
In hungarian the same word is used for both pole and corner - that's how that joke works :)

Here is the hungarian text for the song for those who are interested, this one my translation, the one in the subs is a bit different and not made by me:

Legsalt of the snake
A set of (false) teeth for the birds
The patient speaks
and the doctor writes it down
Those who come after us will talk about... about whom? About Dr Bubo!

The sheatfish is coughing
the squirrel is rheumatic
nobody can help them but the psychologist
Those who come after us will talk about... about whom? About Dr Bubo!

That old fool, the reptile lied, (with reptile he refers to the boa professor :) )
He is as much a rector
as I am a doctor
Those who come after us will talk about... about whom? About Dr Bubo!
Those who come after us will talk about Dr Bubo!


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése