2018. március 28., szerda

Just let it go - a Kiki-Dolly story

"Turn, turn your fear into tears"

from Marie Antoinette by Lévay and Kunze, song: Lullaby

 Dolly: this is a story we thought we would split and each of us tells her own part and thoughts.

Dollys part:
I thought I was over and done with the Vester-problem (as I call it) but my sister pointed out to me that I was more nervous and uneasy than ever. And the bad thing was, she was right. I could see that she was worried and that was the last thing I wanted. But what am I to do? My thoughts were fixed on what will happen if... right Dolly, first find out what troubles you, I told myself, remembering my sisters advice. What do I do about it without making a cake of myself? (I borrowed that one from a book, since I liked it a lot, but as I found out it is an old expression, I'll add an explanation - making a cake of oneself means making a fool of oneself)
It really seems stupid but I turn so nervous and then I can't think clearly. Is there something that can be done about that? So once again I thought, asking my sister won't hurt, even if I won't like what she is telling me to do. So I told her I need her advice and she suggested that we meet at our usual chatting corner (as the dollshelf has so many extra ears, including Vesters) later that day. She then disappeared but was back in time for our little talk. Our so called chatting corner is actually a very big pillow that can be moved around. We push it to a nice and quiet corner of the room and then sit on it and talk over everything in the world.





Kikis part:
It would be best if she could forget it and just... let it go. But that's one of the hardest things for her to do, she tends to brood over such things way too much. I hoped that the last conversation of the two would solve it and for a while it seemed like it did. But Vester had to smile only once and she turned all crazy again. I planned to say only a few words to her about it, so she won't think I'm meddling. She had gone back to her old tactics, avoiding him as much as possible to be precise, and I thought that's the worst thing she could do.
Dropping just a little hint will help. So when we met at our usual spot and she told me her troubles once more and asked my advice I did just that.
"Why don't you simply treat him as a friend?"
"I... can't... I'm always so nervous... " Dolly stammered. "You know anything against it?"
"Avoiding him only puts you back where you were. The girls think one thing. He at the sam time is totally confused by your behaviour. One day friendly the next day running away. You can't make me believe you still think him a villain."
"Nnnno but... he makes me nervous... what would he think... if I suddenly..." she said with an unhappy face.
"He would help you, I'm certain."
She burst into tears.
"Oh, Vicky, I'm so stupid, what am I going to do?"
Poor Dolly, she was completely miserable, scared and all... so I sang her the lullaby* I found in Meritres musiccollection.
(You can listen to the german version her, though the one I sang is the hungarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA3YOVogCC8)


Könny, könny,
ne szégyelld, ha jön.
Majd elszáll a bánat,
a fény nyugalmat áraszt,
felemel, megölel.

Könny, könny,
úgy csillog, mint fönt
száz csillag az égen.
A fény áttör az éjen,
felemel, megölel.

Könny, könny,
ha rémült szív
hallod egy csillag ha hív
a mindenségnek útja vár
a szíved is hazatalál.

"There, there sis. It's going to be okay, no Beast this time."

She shuddered.
"I hope so."
(I have to explain a little: the first doll that arrived after us and was deboxed was a Beast doll from Beauty and the Beast.
Dolly helped deboxing him so he was convinced she was his Belle.
He became quickly obsessed with her and even asked her to marry him.
Dolly was sorry for him but she didn't want to marry him so turned him down. This made him angry but not that angry that he would give up marrying Dolly. Unfortunate story. In the end I was forced to ask Meritre to remove Beast. Dolly couldn't help but felt guilty about it. That's the Beast story in a nutshell. I think this unfortunate experience is responsible for her nervousness around Vester.)
"Making new friends is always a great experience. Besides actively showing that the two of you are just friends is more convincing then just talking about it. But your nervousness indicates otherwise. I'm sure it would be gone after you two spent a little more time together." I counted the advantages for her. She swallowed.
"I guess you are right... as always."
"I'll tag along the first time you do something together." I decided, trying to give her some courage. "We could go for a walk in the garden together on Friday."
"So you are afraid that he could turn out to be a villain." Dolly said, without paying any attention to what I proposed.
I shook my head and smiled.
"Do you think I would let anyone close to my sister without discovering first what kind of person he or she is?"
She smiled. I smiled back and walked off.
But it was true I observed him ever since he arrived and I noticed almost immediately that he had a soft spot for Dolly. Dear Dolly, sometimes she is really blind. :)  
Now, there was only one thing left to do and that is talking to that prince charming sometime when Dolly is not around. So he knows it all and won't be even more confused or think Dolly a horribly fickle girl who doesn't care for others. Besides, I have Another Plan, too. We are some crazy dolls aren't we? :)



*Meritre will introduce it properly sometime in the future with translation and all. The quote at the beginning is from the english version - but there was never an english production of this Marie Antoinette musical as far as I know. The quote comes from the english subs shown in the theatre.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése