2018. március 4., vasárnap

The sister story - part 2

"Bringt der Himmel heut' nur Tränen oder helles Sonnenlicht 
(...)
Der Regenbogen zeigt einen Weg, der uns in fremde Welten führt
Und du gehst Hand in Hand mit mir
Denn nur Sonnenschein und Regen bau'n die Brücke zu Dir"
 

Literally: Brings the sky only tears today or bright sunshine?(...)/The rainbow shows a way that leads to foreign worlds/and you go hand in hand with me/for only sunshine and rain build the bridge to you


Our new dresses




I thought that this someone crying in the box next to me would feel better if I talked to her. She gave no reply. Well I have to make her think of something else than her sorrow. I didn’t succeed till we arrived. I was taken out of my box, too and it turned out that we, Anna and Elsa, were the only classic dolls in the house. Our new owner, Meritre, seemed friendly and as soon as she saw Anna, she decided that she needed a new dress and bestowed some extra names on us. Dorothea Anna and Victoria Elsa. She gave us nicknames, too. Dolly and Kiki. It seemed odd to me back than but now I’m fine with it. I didn’t care for it back then as my most important goal to find the other doll and see if she could be my sister. She didn’t want to talk. ‘Probably a shock.’ Meritre said. ‘Just leave her alone for a little while and everything will be fine.’ I looked a bit doubtful at her and then at Anna. I trusted Meritre from the start while Dolly stared at both of us distrustfully. But I finally got a few words out of her and even a smile. A few weeks later she was wearing a green dress. I tried on a similar pink dress but I soon put back on my ice dress. It looked better than the light pink and light green dresses. (Alas, I’m too pale for those dresses) But I thought it would be really nice if I gave my dress to Dolly. She cried. I hoped to dry her tears like sunshine does but whatever I did to cheer her up ended as a disaster. A fine sunshine I was. (Dolly: It’s kind of funny that an ice queen thinks of herself as sunshine) As a last resort I asked Meritre what to do. ‘She just cries. And I can’t manage to be sunshine.’ She already knew about my idea of being sunshine. ‘Come and listen to this one.’ she replied. And the song was – the one that was quoted at the post start of the post. Primary colors. She marked some lines that would be important for me at the moment.
"Bringt der Himmel heut' nur Tränen oder helles Sonnenlicht
(...)
Der Regenbogen zeigt einen Weg, der uns in fremde Welten führt
Und du gehst Hand in Hand mit mir
Denn nur Sonnenschein und Regen bau'n die Brücke zu Dir"
‘It works wonderfully for your situation. Only sunshine and rain together will build a rainbow, a road, a way so you can understand each other. Rain and sunshine together make a rainbow. It’s very natural that there are tears as well. I think a little time will help her find that rainbowroad, too.‘ It sounded like a poem but I just had to giggle, I had no idea why. But Meritre was right, after the rain, sunshine came and the rainbowroad appeared. Well, in a way.


Our new owner seemed to be overjoyed to have us. But I simply felt numb and couldn’t help crying. Like a watering pot. It must have been really annoying. I didn’t think about that at all. I said mean things to her. I mean to the other doll that travelled with me. That blue little witch kept talking to me, too, and that made me feel even worse. Why can’t she just leave me alone? After a while she finally did so. She went and talked to our human. She did that quite often. A new thought entered my head. Maybe I could try that, too? Maybe she has some answers for me and can help me stop feeling so miserable. Oh, my sister what happened to you? I went and asked Meritre. She didn’t know but promised to look into the matter. ‘I can contact her, it’s no trouble at all’ she said. And with ‘her’ she meant the artist who sent us to her. She talked for quite a while but I didn’t really understand what she was saying. I was so exhausted. So when Meritre was gone, I picked a nice and comfortable spot and fall asleep. I awoke much refreshed, feeling full of energy. I noticed at once that the computer was on. Was Meritre already back? Have I slept that much? I looked around but no sign of our human. Instead it was the snowqueen dancing about on the keyboard. What on earth was she doing? ‘Looking for your sister.’ she replied after a few moments of silence. I saw it cost her a lot of effort to control herself. ‘And did you find her?’ She noticed for sure how eager I was to get news of her. ‘Maybe. I’m not sure if this is her but have a look.’ There was a breathtakingly beautiful Elsa on the screen, an elegant lady and not a big sister. But I was really touched. This other doll did everything in her power to cheer me up. And all she wished for was a friend. I was ashamed of my behavior. What have I done? I have to make up for it, I have to speak to her! Then I realized that I didn’t even know her name. She on the opposite side knew already mine. I had to say something nevertheless. ‘Elsa, I… I’m so sorry!’ She smiled and said ‘Rainbow. My name is Victoria. And it’s all right.’ By the time Meritre was back we were best buddies. She investigated as she promised and even told us that the answer to the question Kiki posted was yes. ‘Lilly says hi to you all and asks you not to worry about her and hopes you are all right.’ I asked Meritre to return her good wishes and write everything that needed to be written. That everything was fine. And to say goodbye.


It happened like this: I accidentally heard Dolly speaking to Meritre. Her sister from the box was missing. That wasn’t really encouraging. She already has a sister and doesn’t need me. ’Could you please find her?‘ I heard her ask. Meritre said it was no trouble at all. She explained about the artist, who sent us to her. She even mentioned her name. But she had to go and promised to be back in the evening and take care of it. Dolly was looking much happier. Suddenly I had an idea. What if I would look for her sister Lilly? It would sure make her happy and we could be friends. It was a bit boring to be alone. So I boldly climbed on the desk and turned on the computer. Meritre had already showed me how to use it several times. First I looked up the artist’s name. It didn’t take long to find her gallery full of breathtakingly beautiful photos. For a minute I forgot that I was looking for something and just stared at those amazing looking dolls. One of the newest ones was an Elsa with beautiful makeup and with real eyelashes. She was stunning. And most important, she was wearing the greenish blue dress from Frozen Fever. I knew Dolly-Anna came from the Frozen Fever set so this could be her sister, Lilly. She stayed there as Meritre did not need two Elsas and she preferred the blue dress on Elsa. Originally she wanted a winter Anna but that one was sold out so she got the Frozen Fever girl. She was grateful she was able to get both girls in dollform. She already told me the whole story.
I looked at the picture. Maybe I could post a comment? It was a hard struggle but I could convince myself that this was the best thing to do and started to type. It was harder than it looked. Especially with my long cape. But I discovered that stepping on the keys works just as well as pressing them with my hands. One more fight with myself before posting and I sent it. All I had to do was to wait for an answer and that could take a while. ‘What are you doing here?’ I suddenly heard behind my back. It was Dolly of course. Well, the computer is easily noticeable especially when it’s up and running. No wonder it woke up Dolly.
I needed a few seconds to catch myself before replying. ‘Looking for your sister.’ She was of course eager to know if I found her. I could only share my supposition that the lady in the picture could be Lilly. Observing her face was enough to know what she was thinking. She looked unbelievingly at the photo. Then she turned red and opened her mouth but no sound came out. ‘Elsa I… I’m so sorry!’ she finally stammered. She looked as if she was ashamed of herself. Must be her not knowing my name. And Meritre was right. In the end, the rainbowroad was there. ‘Rainbow. My name is Victoria. And it’s all right.’ I uttered without thinking. What was I saying? But she smiled. We actually talked about stuff for the first time. Time went by so fast that we didn’t even notice at once that Meritre was back. I left her and Dolly alone to take care of some last loose ends. After that she actually came and asked me to be her sister. When I expressed my worries about Lilly her reply was ‘The past is in the past.’ ‘That’s Elsas line isn’t it?’ We laughed. We’ll have great adventures together. Maybe I can convince Meritre to add some male dolls to her collections so Dolly can have a beau. She laughed at the idea but turned slightly pink. ‘I’ll ask her to get one for you instead!’ she said.

Sisters are treasures.

 

Victoria was really discreet and withdrew to the shelf. Now it was time to make everything right. When I found her is asked her to be my new sister. ‘And Lilly?’ she asked. ‘The past is in the past.’ I answered. It was true now and I owed her that much. And it’s wonderful to have a sister. I was anxious if she would accept. After all I was quite troublesome so far, not the most sought after kind of companion to say the least. But she was fine with it. And she is a great sister. I even told her that my legs were green. ‘Green is a pretty color.’ was her reaction. 

Sisters are treasures.










Dolly:We thought it would be nice to post a picture of my first sister Lilly. Here she is:https://verirrtesirrlicht.deviantart.com/art/repainted-ooak-frozen-fever-elsa-doll-554284674
This picture is NOT made by me, it belongs to Verirrtes Irrlicht! She is a talented artist and you can look at her work here:

https://verirrtesirrlicht.deviantart.com/gallery/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/verirrtes_irrlicht/

By the time we finished, Margeret composed herself and dried her cheeks.
"You know what? We can adopt you as a sister as well. Then there will be three sisters."
"And look, her is a stylish paper boa!"
Fooling around with that papersnake proved to be a good idea. Margaret laughed with us. Lizzy, too.
Lizzy was very grateful that we would look after her sister. She worried a lot what would become of her all alone.
"No need to worry, there is lots of girls to choose a sister from." I joked. "Or you can choose a brother as well."




Ps by Kiki: Don't think sis is a watering pot, a troublesome, spoiled brat and all. She's actually mischevious and fun to have around, although it's not that side of her you got to see so far. But trust me, I know her well.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése