2018. március 12., hétfő

Limited Edition Elsa review - 2015 march release

"I'm limited... just look at me... I'm limited"


from the musical Wicked by Stephen Schwartz and Winnie Holzman, song: For Good


Sorry I couldn't resist. :) It's a line also sung by Idina Menzel, Elsas voice acterss as you probably already know. And Elsa is a Limited Edition doll. So there.

When I saw the first picture of the doll I was to own I almost cried with happines. It seemed so unbelievable! When she arrived and I just saw the top of her head, it was too much. Beautiful golden haired princess! Thank you, my Friend for making this possible. 
She came in a big brown shipper box. 
Well, she crossed the ocean after all and visited places like Zürich and Miami (according to her tracking history at least.)
Here is the first glimpse I got of her.
Of course I had to get her out of her shipping box at once.
She's the most beautiful dol I've ever seen! Of coure I've seen thousands of photos of this Elsa doll - but it's really different to see her in real and be able to touch her.
Her box has so many details and is really beautiful!
I'm well aware of the fact that she is already more than three years old so a review of her is not that interesting but she is so special to me that I wanted to do it anyway. I tried to pick a bit more interesting angles while taking photos of her and I'll show just a few of her most memorable details. She is not yet deboxed.
Let's start with her beautiful bun!
She's got lots of tinsel in her hair. I know many collectors disliked it. I think it makes Elsas hair look more golden and her hair is very light in the movie.
However I do not share this dislike of tinsel. I love it. Her hair is so beautiful and the hairstyle is really accurate, too.
Another critique against the doll was her shiny skin.
I think it pretty. But I would think a doll without shiny skin just as pretty.
Her outfit is really detailed. Even her gloves are adorned.
And her belt is simply amazing. As far as I know it is a separate piece, too.
I remember there were many complains that this outfit appeared only for a minute in the movie. Well, it returned in Olafs Frozen Adventure which made me really happy. :)
Her skirt, just like her jacket has amazing details, too.
I love that while it is not a copy of the decorations on her jacket, it has the same colors to make a matching set of clothes.
Both pieces are lined.
Her shoe is decorated, too. It couldn't be more movie accurate, I think.

She has her certificate of course.
She is number 2408. According to my idea, that's her birthday, the 24th August.
Her name is Elinor Faith Elsa. I already explained that Faith is there to remind me that there is so much more kindness and generosity in this world than I thought. Elinor comes from Jane Austens Sense and Sensibility, she is named after the eldest sister. It's not likely I get another limited edition doll but if I ever get one it'll not be anytime soon. Maybe in a few years if I'm lucky. If I get one, it'll be Anna to go with her, and she'll be named Marianne after Marianne Dashwood, Elinor Dashwoods younger sister. I think it's a nice idea to name my sisterdolls after sisters. Unfortunately I had this idea after I had already named all my Anna and Elsa dolls.
 
Oh yes, before I forget, she is looking for friends and sisters and brothers and penpals, because she'll probably stay the only LE doll I own.:) So she won't be lonely. The other dolls are nice but the size difference can be an issue. One of the minis, Chris, I think, was cheeky enough to say that under Elinors skirt would be a good hiding place - noone would think of it when playing hide-and-seek.
Come to think of it, her face is a lot like classic Elsas. Both are so beautiful!

4 megjegyzés:

  1. She is stunning! As an avid fan of both Frozen and Sense and Sensibility, I could not love her more. I am so so happy for you. Congratulations!! Enjoy her!

    VálaszTörlés
    Válaszok
    1. Thank you so much! :) She'll check out the origins of her name and read Sense and Sensibility.

      Törlés
  2. What adorable pictures!:) I am so glad you were able to get her. My LE indigo dress Elsa says hi to yours.;) Are you planning to take her out of the box at some point or are you leaving her in?

    VálaszTörlés
  3. Thank you! I'm really glad, too!
    I'm planning to take her out but I want to do it when I have a lot of time to do it so it'll have to wait a little.

    VálaszTörlés